A Day on The FFF Plan – Part 6 : Breaking Your Fast
If you haven’t read them, then please read Parts 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 first
Links listed here:
So you’ve got some natural light, filled your body with oxygen and got your heart pumping.
You’ve also rehydrated and replaced essential minerals and electrolytes lost overnight.
And you’ve managed to get outside (come rain or shine!) and got your legs moving, arms swinging and mentally prepared yourself for the challenges of the day ahead.
Back indoors – this could be home, a coffee shop or the office – you have cycled the kettle or coffee machine a couple of times and killed all but work notifications.
And you’ve just smashed out a few hours of highly productive work as well as a decent 30-60min workout of your choosing.
You can now officially give yourself a MASSIVE pat-on-the-back. You are in a growing group of people that have started the day the FFF Way! And I bet you are now VERY HUNGRY!
Fear not, soon we will eat – but eating on the FFF Plan isn’t as simple as popping downstairs to the local sandwich bar or cafe. The FFF Plan is all about eating the right food, at the right time…
Breaking Your Fast
And yes, the right time is now but you’ve just completed a 16-18hr fast – you don’t just want to throw down whatever you can get your hands on. You want to bring your digestive system back online the correct way. So here is selection of the Finest Fast-Breaking Foods and Drinks for you to choose from each day to make sure you’re breaking your fast in the best way possible:
- Fasting For Fitness Coconut Protein+ (an Organic, Zero Additive, Coconut-based Protein Shake)
- Cottage Cheese (100-200g serving)
- Home-made or other high quality Stock or Bone Broth (Cup of)
- Collagen Peptides Protein Shake
- Essential Amino Acids Drink/Powder (EAA)
There are plenty of other good ways to break your fast but in my experience, over the last six years and from what I’ve learned from others, these are the best ones listed above. If you have certain goals – losing weight, building muscle, staying focused etc – then there are certain, specific protocols you can follow so please feel free to contact me via the FFF Social Media pages (links in the footer of this page).
Now you’ve broken your fast, and broken it perfectly, it’s time for the main event…YOUR FIRST MEAL OF THE DAY!
I will list a few options below for some cracking FFF Plan lunchtime meals. Everyone should be covered here but read through them all and you will get an idea of the sort of ingredients you should be eating for this very special and nourishing meal. Don’t forget this meal is going to power you through the afternoon without any lulls, sugar spikes or crashes, brain fog, lack of motivation or tiredness.
- Steak, Steamed Broccoli and Salad
- Cook the steak in flavourless coconut oil
- Make a dressing for the salad with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Balsamic Vinegar and Sea Salt
- Use lots of different leaves and vegetables in the salad
- Smoked Herring, Spinach and Beetroot
- Cook the fish in a frying pan with a little water. When the water has evaporated the fish is done
- Cook the spinach in the same pan. Once cooked add black pepper, nutmeg and lemon juice
- Serve with sliced, cooked beetroot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and horse radish sauce
With Eggs & Dairy
- Caramelised Onion & Mushroom Omelette with Feta and Avocado
- Fry sliced onions in butter until caramelised
- Add sliced mushrooms and fresh or dried thyme. Cook for 5 mins
- Add whisked eggs to pan and top with feta cheese
- Serve with half a sliced avocado on the side
- Add extra olive oil, salt and chilli flakes to the avocado and the omelette
- Chargrilled Red Peppers with Broccoli, Spinach, Asparagus & Peas
- Slice your red peppers, lengthways into quarters. Stick them in a pan on full heat until they start to blacken. Remove from the heat
- In the same pan add Broccoli and cook until tender then add the asparagus. After 2 minutes add the spinach and peas. Cook for another couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add juice of one lemon, olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar and plenty of sea salt
- Mix and serve with the peppers on the side
- Crushed nuts goes well with this and gives a nice crunch to the dish
You get the idea. Lots of good quality but simple ingredients, lots of extra salt, seasoning, olive oil and lemon juice. No starchy vegetables or carb heavy foods yet – those will come in during your evening meal. The goal here is to stay focused and power through the afternoon. Clean fuel is how we achieve this.
If you are eating out then try and look for similar meals/ingredients/dishes – the main issue with eating out is the down right EVIL cooking oils most restaurants use. Add olive oil to your plate and bring some Omega 3 capsules to balance out your Omega 6 to 3 ratio. But if possible, it’s always best to eat at home so you know exactly what you are eating.
There you have it! Well done for reaching Part 6 and actually getting through all the previous steps to that first meal of the day. In Part 7 we’ll get back to work and also list the best FFF Plan afternoon snacks for maximum energy and focus.
While I’ve got you’re attention: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE FFF YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Take care out there folks ✌🏽