The FFF Plan > Part 2: Hydrate, The Right Way
If you haven’t read it then please Read Part 1 Here First
After you’ve got some natural light, filled your body with oxygen and got your heart pumping – it’s time to rehydrate ?
While you sleep your body loses water in several ways – through your exhaled breath, via evaporation through your skin and during the warmer months of the year (or if you like to have the heating cranked up in the winter – not recommend but we’ll cover that in the final part of the series on prepping for sleep) through sweating. This all adds up to a very dehydrated body and brain when you wake-up. Hence the general feeling of…meh on waking most mornings.
Sure, you can just reach for a glass of water but it’s far better to rehydrate the right way each morning as you’ll also have lost electrolytes and minerals during the night. The FFF Morning Tonic is the way to go for optimum hydration and mineral replacement…it’s also great for a hangover on those occasions when you’ve overdone it the night before ? – Recipe below!
FFF Morning Tonic Recipe:
1/2 Tsp of Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt
- You literally can’t live without this stuff!
1 Tsp of Cream of Tartar
- AKA Potassium Bitartrate or Potassium Hydrogen Tartrate
- A by-product of the wine making process
- High in Potassium
1 Tbs of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (With The Mother)
- Acetic Acid
- If you’re not already having at least one tablespoon of ACV every day then start…NOW!
Juice of Half a Lime (lemon juice is also fine – about a tablespoon full)
- Vitamin C
1 Tbs of 100% Aloe Vera Juice
- Beneficial For Good Gut Health
- Reduces Sugar Cravings
- Very Low Carb
350ml Natural Spring Water or Glass Bottled Sparkling Mineral Water
- The Best: Locally Sourced Spring Water
- Second: Bottled Spring Water
- Third: Still or Sparkling Mineral Water
- Fourth: Filtered Tap Water
- Last Place: Tap Water / Purified Water
Mix well and chug it!
- You will instantly feel more awake and energised. Your body and brain are literally thanking you at this point and are ready to tackle the day ahead…
ProTip: Dissolving the sea salt into a tablespoon of warm water first will help your body to absorb it more efficiently